All search results
Bio-Instrumentation Engineer Life Science Technologies
We are looking for an engineer with a strong technical background in the field of instrumentation development with deep hands-on experience in automated optical and fluidic systems for life sciences applications. We are looking for an experienced engineer who is highly motivated to work in a lab environment on a daily basis together with our design engineers and application scientists.
You will have to:
- Design and build prototype lab instrumentation for R&D environment
- Design or adapt microfluidic, optical, or other laboratory setups
- Automate test stands that include optical, fluidic, mechanical and electrical components
- Interface with external vendors for selection of components or procurement of customized parts
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers
- Design and execute test plans together with application scientists
- Provide trouble-shooting and debugging support for internal users
- Manage time effectively when multiple projects run in parallel
- Quickly adapt to new projects based on internal and external requests
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists
- You have at least a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, optical engineering, instrumentation, physics or other equivalent discipline with 5-10 years experience in instrumentation development. Candidates with a Bachelors’s degree and relevant experience will also be considered. Industry experience is preferred with life sciences instrumentation experience a plus.
- It is essential that you are a hands-on person with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals.You have experience working in a research or development environment involving early prototype development with subsequent transfer to product development; experience with field service or customer support is a plus.
- You have experience in electronics, automation, embedded systems and hardware control.
- You have experience in the design and building of optical systems; knowledge of Zemax is a plus.
- You have experience in automated fluidic handling systems.
- You are familiar with Solid Works or other equivalent CAD packages.
- You are familiar with PCB design, test and trouble-shooting.
- You are familiar with requirements for ISO13485, UL, EMC, and CE certification.
- You have experience managing contract manufacturers and/or custom design houses for mechanical, electrical or software development needs.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.
- Senior Analog Circuit Designer (CMOS design)
- Senior Analog Circuit Designer
- Engineer Mask Design and Layout
- Equipment Engineer
- Team Lead & Process Integration Engineer
- R&D Engineer Litho Process Development
- Researcher Vision & Imaging Systems
- Researcher Fundamental Photoresist
- R&D Engineer OPC and Design Technology Co-Optimization
- Resist Process Development Engineer
- R&D Engineer Lithography Imaging and Simulation
- Lithography Defectivity Metrology Engineer
- Senior/Lead Engineer - Software Engineering R&D
- Metrology Engineer
- Team Leader Computational Lithography
- Senior Researcher RET/OPC
- Area Engineering Coordinator
- Principal Engineer in Advanced Crystalline Silicon PV Modules
- Postdoctoral Researcher Biosignal and Image Processing
- Senior Etch Process Engineer
- R&D Engineer Logic Device Design
- Researcher Thin Film Deposition STT-MRAM
- Process Integration Engineer BEOL
- Postdoctoral Researcher Design of Integrated 5G Wireless Systems
- Photonics Device & Integration Engineer
- R&D Project Leader